Vein disease is a common condition that affects millions of American adults each year. However, despite its prevalence, many people are not aware of some of the basic facts behind this condition. This article is designed to provide you with an overview of what you need to know about vein disease and your options for vein treatment in New Orleans.
Important facts about vein disease from one of the best vein doctors in Louisiana
- Vein Disease is Not Just a Cosmetic Issue: Varicose and spider veins are two of the most common symptoms of vein disease. While these types of veins are an aesthetic nuisance, the impact of vein disease goes far beyond cosmetics. The underlying condition that causes these symptoms puts you at risk for uncomfortable swelling, permanent changes in the skin, painful and unsightly ulcers, and serious blood clots.
- Your Lifestyle Can Affect Your Risk of Vein Disease: If you are overweight or obese, live a sedentary lifestyle, smoke, or stand on your feet for extended periods of time on a regular basis, you have a higher risk of vein disease. Making changes in these areas can help keep your veins healthy.
- Not All Vein Disease Risk Factors are Controllable: Covington varicose vein doctors point out that while your lifestyle can have some impact on your risk of vein disease, there are other factors that cannot be controlled. You are more likely to experience vein disease if you are over 50, female, or have a family history of this condition.
- Prompt Treatment Is Important: Treating vein disease in its earliest forms allows you to enjoy healthier and better looking legs quickly, easily, and comfortably. However, if vein issues are left to linger, they can cause issues that are not as simple to address.
- Vein Treatment Has Come a Long Way: If you’ve heard an older relative or friend speak about their vein treatment experience, they might bring up how painful it was.
- Fortunately, vein treatment has come a long way since then. Today’s treatments are minimally invasive, which means they can address abnormal veins through the use of only a tiny needle or catheter.
- There is No Need to Take Time Off for Treatment: Today’s lifestyle makes it difficult to find time for medical treatments, but minimally invasive vein procedures don’t require you to sacrifice your schedule. Many of the procedures we provide at La Bella Vita Laser and Vein Center can be conducted in as little as an hour and allow you to return to your daily schedule immediately.
- A Vein Doctor is a Great Ally: If you are suffering from vein disease, reaching out to a vein specialist is a great first step. Not only can spider vein experts in Covington provide you with expert diagnosis and treatment, they can also help you find ways to improve your lifestyle in order to make sure your veins are functioning as well as possible.
If you have been simply putting up with the uncomfortable and potentially dangerous symptoms of vein disease, it’s time to make a change. We’re here to work with you to create an individualized treatment plan to help improve your legs’ beauty and health. To schedule a time to consult with Dr. Randall S. Juleff, or to receive answers to any questions you might have about how we can help improve your venous condition, give our office a call.
Learn more about Why Pregnancy Increases Your Risk of Vein Disease
Learn more about our Vein Center of Louisiana for all vein related issues.